Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy Halloween


I can't believe this year has gone by so fast and that Halloween is right around the corner! I'm still trying to figure out my costume, probably a Pam Am stewardess if I can find the right skirt and bag, I'm thinking I can make the hat, and buy the gloves and shoes.

What I am excited about is that I got all the decorations I wanted to create for this year done.  I had been dying to make a Halloween wreath so I made sure I went to Michael's early this year to get everything I needed since they always seem to be two holidays ahead then the one actually coming up.  I wanted a goth inspired wreath, I found all these great black and sparkly neon spiders and butterfly's that I mixed into black glittery flowers. 







The rest of my decorations were made with my Silhouette, which I'm finding more and more uses for and I'm loving it! It makes everything so easy.


My thought was to do Halloween/Fall inspired lanterns that I could use through Thanksgiving, but the more I thought about I couldn't find designs that fit both holidays, plus I really wanted to use the neon green and purple vinyl that didn't really scream Fall. So instead I went back to Ikea and bought two more lanterns that will be Fall only and I could dedicate these to just Halloween. My first lantern was inspired by my love of Pumpkin Patches, with a Jack-O-Lantern face and "Pumpkin Patch" and "Spooky" on either side. My second was supposed to be a bit more "scary" with "Happy Haunting" on the front and covered in spider webs and hanging bats.  I'm very happy with the way these turned and can't wait to make my fall ones!

Next I decorated some fake pumpkins from Michael's to say "Trick-or-Treat", I loved the way these turned out and they make the front entry look more inviting to Trick-or-Treater's.
Now all my entry way is missing is some real pumpkins...that will be a goal for this weekend.



Happy Halloween Everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment