Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cakepop Solution

To say that my husband is handy is an understatement.  There hasn't been anything I've asked him to make me that he couldn't make.  Recently I asked him to help me make a birthday present for a friend who loves to make cakepops; my idea was to make her a set of cakepop holders out of wood that she could use over and over again instead of buying styrofoam. Well the wood idea didn't turn out so great, instead he had the idea to make them out of metal, that is his profession after all.  He took some measurements and came back with this perfect creation that turned out much better than I had even imagined!!
Freshly Made
Inside plate with holes so they don't tip over

A little color
30 perfectly displayed cakepops
  
The best part was he made the cakepop holder into two pieces that fit perfectly into a Cupcake Courier.  Now there is no worrying about the cakepops tipping over as they're taken to a party.  They hold 15 cakepops each and weigh just under 5 lbs, so you'll also get a workout carrying them around. He also made me my own set that I'm so excited to use.

1 comment: